Who we are
Our website address is: https://khacademy.me/.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding the treatment of personal information. This Policy does not apply to the information you provide to Khacademy or to the information that Khacademy may collect offline and/or through other means. It also does not apply to the information collected by another affiliated or third-party website or application that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
By using the Website, you agree that whenever you submit personal information via the Website, Khacademy can collect, use, and disclose that information in accordance with this Policy.
Information Collected from You
Khacademy does not collect your personal information from you without your knowledge or permission and does not ask you for such information to access and use the Website.
Like many websites, the Website may actively collect and store personal information that you supply voluntarily while on the Website, including sharing webpages via e-mail or by permitting you to communicate directly with Khacademy via e-mail in connection with the Website.
Khacademy may collect the following information from you:
- The personal information you voluntarily provide to Khacademy, such as your full name, Contact Number, Delivery / Billing Address and email address.
- Passive information collected as you use the Website, which may include your IP address, cookies and web beacons.
Information you voluntarily provide:
- Personal information that you provide when prompted by the Website. This includes certain functions on the Website, such as sending a message via email to yourself or someone else regarding Website-related content. If you wish to use this feature, you may provide Khacademy with your or your friend’s e-mail address so that we can facilitate the sending of the message.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact Khacademy.
Information such as IP addresses, cookies and web beacons:
- As you navigate through the Website, certain information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information). Khacademy may collect information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to the advertisers. This is statistical data about the users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- The Website may use “cookies” to collect information about how the Website is used which allows Khacademy to enhance your experience and the Website’s user‑friendliness. A “cookie” is a bit of information that a web browser can store on your hard drive that helps the Website remember information about you and your preferences. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or capture your e-mail address. If you are simply browsing the Website, a cookie only identifies your browser.
- Pages of the Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit Khacademy to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information and data on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 7. No one under the age of 7 may provide personal information and data to the Website and Khacademy will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors in this age group.
Use and Disclosure of Information and Personal Data
Subject to the terms of this Policy, Khacademy may use your information and personal data to improve the content of the Website, to customize the Website to your preferences, to communicate information to you (if you have requested it), for our marketing and research purposes, and for the purposes specified in this Policy. Any information and personal data you provide through the Website will not be sold, rented or published.
- Khacademy Head Office;
- Contractors and service providers Khacademy uses to support its business and its Website, i.e. technical support / Marketing
Finally, when required by applicable laws or court orders, Khacademy may disclose your information and personal data.
Protecting your information and personal data is of primary concern to Khacademy. The information and personal data that is collected is stored on secure servers and Khacademy otherwise takes reasonable precautions to protect it.
However, Khacademy cannot warrant and does not represent that our level of security meets or exceeds any specific standards. No internet transmission is 100% secure, nor is stored data free from vulnerabilities. Khacademy cannot guarantee the security of the Website, databases or services, nor can Khacademy guarantee that the personal information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Khacademy is not responsible for the actions of third parties.
Right of Access, Modification, Correction and Removal
You have the right to access, modify, correct and remove your personal information and you may contact Khacademy at any moment in this regard.
Khacademy reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update this Policy from time to time and you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations or updates. If this Policy changes, the revised policy will be posted on the Website. Please check back periodically and/or before you provide any personally identifiable information.